Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Choice - Robert Whitlow - A Review

Three or so years ago, when I first got an iPhone, I downloaded the Kindle app and set out to find free books that were actually GOOD. A challenge, for sure. After a good bit of searching, I found a free legal thriller {Christian genre} by Robert Whitlow. I read it in a day or two, and immediately set out to purchase the other two books in the series. It was SO good! Since that time, I peruse the free Christian fiction offerings to see if Whitlow has any new freebies, but have yet to find any others. Fast-forward to a few days ago- I was given the opportunity to read and review Whitlow's book, The Choice. Super psyched! It was a digital version, so I had immediate access to it, and managed to read it in three days. I adore Whitlow's writings, because it's deep, personal, and full of action. I always find a personal connection with the characters, and Sandy {the main character in The Choice} proved to be no exception. Whitlow is obviously no stranger to the legal world, as he is a practicing attorney in North Carolina. He infuses just the right amount of accurate information without overloading the reader with confusing legal jargon. I recommend The Choice without reservation. The only negative criticism I might offer is that the plot's a tad predictable... or perhaps I'm just intuitive? Either way, you'll find yourself hooked into the plot from the beginning, cheering for and crying with the characters, and before you know it, you'll be like me- on the search for another great read from Robert Whitlow. {This book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for a review. Any opinions expressed are original and my own.}

No comments:

Post a Comment